fot

Re: Tractors race at Sebring

To: <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Tractors race at Sebring
From: <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:00:19 -0500 (EST)
mike is correct.  some additional info. on thursday when the vintage cars
came into town for display,  dntinger and wismer wound up in the local
paper.  nice picture.  we finished up at the track today. to illustrate the
current intensity and $$ of racing, audi was running a full race program at
the track as a "review". mike made an excellent point about hsr allowing
???? cars. hsr has always been a run-what-you-brung organization.  the
amount of small bore cars competing is rapidly declining in hsr.  a function
of being a profit driven group.  sebring 12 hour was incredible.  175,000
party-goers mixed in with race cars.  we were fortunate enough to have bill
adam, dorsey schrader and some others stop by the booth and give details on
the traack, handling problems and other things that happen only here.
dorsey said the aerodynamic rule chages made the car 7 mph (173 vs 166)but
couldn't get the car around a corner.  congrats to the fot members who ran
and showed well. ted

 FOT -