fot

Group 44 "Reunion" Coordinator

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Group 44 "Reunion" Coordinator
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:12:13 EST
Cary Perket warned me about this. I didnt listen. Sometimes things happen in
their own time, however.

Is there anyone out there that is knowlegeable enough to collect the names of
the Group 44 personnel who plan to attend? Oh yes, compile a list of the
Group 44 cars that plan attend to race or be on display.

I have been getting dribs and drabs of names, but I do  not know the people,
the cars they drove, the role they played, or where they live, or much of the
history.

Sounds like we could do an informal Group 44 'reunion' and perhaps provide
name tags or something. Ideas?

I got the following from Steve Knolls

Hi Joe,

This is what I know about the plans of the surviving Group 44 members from
the period that I was a gofer for the team.

Bob's son Russ & his grandson are planning to attend.  I don't know about Bob.

Pete Luongo (photographer) will also be in attendance.  He tells me that Dick
Gilmartin & Don Breslauer are also planning to attend.

Both Tony Tony Adamowicz & Mike Downs had expressed interest when I last
corresponded with them, but in the absense of any follow up, I don't know
whether they plan to attend or not.

Mike Stuntz (gofer & later engineer), had expressed an interest, but I don't
know if he has any firm plans.

Lanky does not have an e-mail address to my knowledge & I have not spoken to
him about it.  The last time I saw him was at the Monterey historics a couple
years ago.

I am not in touch with Bob Krokus or John McComb & the last time I saw either
was at the Farewell party that Jaguar threw for Bob at Watkins Glen in 85.

Russ Tullius - <A HREF="mailto:N44RT@aol.com";>N44RT@aol.com</A>
(Russ would probably be your best contact if you want to try and run down
some of those with no e-mail addresses)
Tony Adamowicz - <A HREF="mailto:tntaz@unidial.com";>tntaz@unidial.com</A>
Mike Downs - <A
HREF="mailto:mdowns@downsengineering.com";>mdowns@downsengineering.com</A>