fot

Re: Lug nuts

To: n196x@mindspring.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lug nuts
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:25:53 EST
In a message dated 04/05/2002 4:27:24 PM Central Standard Time,
n196x@mindspring.com writes:

> But now I'm having seconds thoughts. First off, under the best of conditions
> there appears to be only about 1/4" of purchase length with the stud and
> secondly, how good is a helicoil.
> Help!
> A little experience in this arena would be greatly appreciated.

Richard:

I agree with Brad Eells.  Bob Wismer and I torque the lug nuts on our old
American Racing MAG wheels to 55 lbs, and to 65 lbs on our new Panasports.
While I have no experience with a helicoil, I have lost a wheel 'at speed'
more than once, and I share your concern.

Bill Dentinger