fot

A type OD to TR6 Tranny advice

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: A type OD to TR6 Tranny advice
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:53:12 -0400
We had a really great weekend at the SVRA event at Roebling Road this
weekend, but now I'm feeling the need for an overdrive in my TR4A.
Something about watching that baby blue TR3 shift into "5th" and disappear
into the sunset at the end of the straight calls for action.

I have the TR3 OD and TR6 tranny in the spares bin but lack the knowledge
and time to put them together.  I'd like some recommendations as to who to
send them to for rebuild and mating.  Also, some idea of  what I should
expect to pay?

I also have a TR3B fully synchro tranny with OD.  Since that OD is, in
essence, already mated to a TR4 tranny, is it already compatible with the
TR6 tranny or would it require the layshaft change as well?

Thanks, Don