fot

Triumph Drivers and Sponsors from the past!!

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Triumph Drivers and Sponsors from the past!!
From: "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:26:18 +0000
     I've been doing some research on a couple of the barn cars.  Also
working on some displays for Mid-Ohio. Tracking through old magazines
and the race web pages I kept turning up old race programs and entry
lists. I'd like to try to put together a list of races Triumphs have
participated in over the years. Is their a good chronology already
started some where? I have the "Works Cars"  (book by Robson) It has a
good list on the Continental drivers. Some of the English history
publications also have some thorough lists of private competitors as
well. I guess I'm looking to find a collection of the Cars and drivers
by Marque in the Americas.
    A few months ago we dug up the fact that a Doretti competed in a
world championship race at Sebring in 1955... well it was on the list
and supposedly got a lap in .  Identifying this car may be a pipe dream
but I feel I need to ask the questions anyhow. The car was entered by
one Howard Hanna I believe from the west side of Philadelphia. Driven by
James T. Carson and Dan O. Hastings. Carson drove a 550 Porsche for
Hanna in 1954 at Sebring.
    The second car was reportedly campaigned  out of the New Jersey
area... the owner may have been  one George W. "Sandy "Sanderson of
Ellsford N.Y. He entered a 122 Volvo in a Sebring race in 1970. drivers
were Ronald D. Polimeni, And Robert Theall. Theall shows up in some of
the IMSA races into the eighties racing a Comero.
     Any chance any of any of these people or their help  are still
around...

If you haven't looked at it might you out to check out the VIR web site.
Had a great time looking at the old pictures.
 like this one....

George Bull rolling a TR3
http://dega.cs.unc.edu/~nick/new/vir/57-aug/57-aug-hill.html

here is another site that was cool !!!!!!

http://www.coldplugs.com/