fot

RE: SEALS

To: "'Ronald R Gates'" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SEALS
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:58:21 -0700
Whenever I need seals I go to a bearing house with the original and see
what they can have. The larger bearing companies have a huge number in
stock and can get virtually anything. You need to be a little savvy about
the application--don't install double-lip seals in systems with fluid on
only one side (you'll toast the second lip). Other than that, the seals
you'll find will generally be better than what you get from suppliers like
Moss, who seem to get everything from Bombay or deepest, darkest china.
Same holds true for ball bearings. I haven't bought a NOS or aftermarket
supplier bearing in years.