fot

Re: Transponder-TR3 Optimum Location

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transponder-TR3 Optimum Location
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:53:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/02 10:37:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, N197TR4@cs.com
writes:

<< Kent Howard is installing a transponder in his LITTLE RED RIDING HARD #13.

 His mechanic needs to know best mounting location. Help!!!

 Joe Alexander >>

I traveled to Nelson Ledges last year without installing my transponder that
I had bought.  The way the instructions appeared to read was that only the
enduro cars needed transponders.  After the first practice, I was informed
that my transponder was not working, and I infromed them that it was still
sitting in my van.  They were slobbering away trying to rent one to me for
$55.00.

We rappidly installed my transponder on the outside of the left front
wheelweel directly behind the left front wheel ( as close as possible to the
center of the wheel so that the tire can't hit it).  It has worked perfectly
(on a TR-3) ever since.  There just happen to be a hole for the wires to run
through to a power source.