fot

Re: Moving the Oil Pressure Pickup Line

To: <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Moving the Oil Pressure Pickup Line
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 13:24:35 -0700
Dear Bill,
   What we do is shorten the original steel pipe  that has a banjo on the
end. Shorten the double flared end. Then drill out the hole in the banjo
from 5/16" to 3/8".  We had special banjo bolts made that will screw
directly into the threaded hole that is located just forward of the
mechanical fuel pump boss. This hole points upward at about 45 degrees.
Using our banjo bolt and 2 copper sealing washers the drilled out banjo end
of the original pipe now will attach to the main oil galley as if it had
been designed that way by Triumph.
    We now run the steel pipe up to the original braided flex hose, run the
hose to a junction block. At the junction block you can install a 35# oil
light switch as well as an oil line to continue to a mechanical oil pressure
gauge. The 35 # oil light will alert you to oiliing problems before they
become disasters.

Regards,

Greg Solow