fot

electrical grimlin

To: <gatriumph@gatriumph.com>, "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: electrical grimlin
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 21:58:03 -0400
Listers,

Had an interesting problem with my street TR-6 today.Drove it to work and the
ignition light stayed on. The lights were dim., the alt. would only charge
11.5 volts. Driving home the AC worked but when I turned it off the alt. still
only charged to 11 or 11.5 volts, ignition light still on.I shut the car off
and the ignition light stayed on. I cranked it again the ignition light went
off. So now the ignition light stays on when the key is off. I unplugged the
alternator to keep the light from running the battery down.

Anyone else have this problem?
Is the alternator or the ignition switch at fault? How do I go about trouble
shooting the alternator?
Did this Lucas electrical system absorb some sort of gremlin from being parked
in a General Motors parking lot?
(we do use some Lucas parts on the vans we build there)

Help!

Mike Munson
Snellville Ga.
70-6 racecar