fot

Re: Head gaskets

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head gaskets
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:24:34 EDT
Mordy-Goop resides on my last head installation.

Learned something about head sealing last engine build. Discovered some very
small imperfections and burrs on the top of the cylinder liner after two
attempts to effect a seal.  Dressed the tops of the cylinder liners and no
more trouble. Never had this happen before. Never checked it before. Found
when I used titanium scraper to remove old sealant and saw some shiny spots
where there should be none.

Joe  (A)