fot

Re: Re: Tires

To: boone@DIAC.COM ("Ronald D. Boone"), fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Tires
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 13:56:50 -0400
Fellow (re)tired racers-

I too have lamented the passing of the Yoko 008rs and slapped a set of the
Hoosier Vintage TD's on the Duke. What a chilling experience! Aside from the
fact that the car was 9 seconds slower at Thunderhil, it was a scary ride! I
had set the car up for bias ply tires, but the suspension was still too stiff
for the tires as it transitioned from the edge of control to the nether regions
of sanity in nanoseconds. The big difference was just plain adhesion.
However,the car setup was pretty much negated in the braking aspect as I had to
move my braking points up considerably and was hard on the brakes where I had
been flat on the gas! The difference was very evident when after the race a few
people actually asked if there was some problem with the car as they passed me
easily under braking.

Hope the Hoosiers work better for you (I use them to hold the car up when its
on the trailer now).

Anyone have any better choices out there? I'm thinkin Big O..
(local cheap tire outlet around here)
        Nick in Nor Cal