fot

Re: Racing tires

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, "'Allen Washatko'"
Subject: Re: Racing tires
From: "Richard Taylor" <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:44:15 -0400
FWIW
I've been using Hoosiers on my TR-4 for the last 6 years.  Not the same
ones; we get about three races (including enduros) per tire.  With 23 psi
the tires stick extremely well with very good steering predictibility.  At
25 psi there is a measurable amount of under-steer followed with a fair
portion of drift. All this is to say is that tire pressure (at least on my
car) can provide everything from good stick to a flat-trackers delight. I
turn better (and more exciting) times with harder tires.

Richard Taylor
Atlanta
TR-4