fot

Kahler's Klassic Hauling

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Kahler's Klassic Hauling
From: Susan Hensley <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:46:51 -0500
Hi all!

Kahler's Klassics strikes again!  The new team driver (me) carried on
the Kahler tradition this week when I bolted to Lincoln, NE Monday to
pick up Brad's TR4 and a TON of sheet metal (I stuffed it EVERYWHERE in
the Dakota -- amazing how much stuff you can cram in that truck--, plus
picked up a
nice rolling stool for the shop at the local thrift store).  I loaded up
Tuesday and returned today, fighting a VERY strong headwind with a
trailer with a light tongue load (nothing I could do about it since I
had to put all the light upholstery stuff in the trailer tool box and
the 4 sits farther back due to the box).  If anyone saw a Dakota-sized
green streak followed by a waggy TR4-sized green streak headed down the
81/135/35 corridor today, that was me.

The high point of the trip (other than the Swedish pancakes in
Lindsborg, KS!) was stopping at a rest stop and being approached by a
truck driver with a cut-off shirt, tattoos all over both arms, and
Lord-knows-what on his mind.  First thing he said -- "What year is it?"
Second thing -- "I have a 1959 TR3 with 44,000 original miles on it.  I
love that car!"  My first impression of him changed considerably during
those two sentences...   ;)

I had someone talk to me about the car, Triumphs, and British cars in
general at every single stop I made.  I LOVE this hobby!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan    :)