fot

MkIV Spitfire 3.89 gear set

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: MkIV Spitfire 3.89 gear set
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:10:18 -0700
I have discovered that the 4.11 gears are too low for the Honda engine and
gearbox causing me to have to launch in second gear or else I would burn
off the 9" slicks I am using.

So I have decided to go to the 3.89 gears to solve the problem.  But I am in a
quandry about which ring and pinion will work.  Somewhere it is written
that the later (collapsible spacer type) supersedes the old fixed spacer type.
I currently have and prefer to use the fixed spacer type, so that is
what I am looking for.  If the newer type supersedes the older type, that would
be fine but I do not want to have to use a collapsible spacer if that
is part of the deal.

Does anybody know for sure what I need to be looking for?  And more
importantly, does anybody know of a good (read cheap) source for the right
parts?

Regards,
Joe Curry