fot

more Mid-Ohio

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: more Mid-Ohio
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:27:53 -0600
Amici,

Not much I can add to all of the excellent commentaries already out there.  I'd
just like to publicly say thanks to Joe Alexander (and any others involved in
organizing the event) for pulling all of this together.  I have a feeling that
after this, any other race weekend just won't be quite the same!

Some of the brits commented about possibly coming back over every couple of
years or so and checking out the various tracks around the country.  I can only
hope they do so!  Also thanks to Allan Hogan (of nuclear junkyard fame), John
Lye (and others) who helped get that TR5 back on the track.  Viewing the film
from her in car camera it was amazing to see that red streak pass Susan and
disappear into the distance.

Susan and I hauled two of the brits (Dave & Steve spit drivers) using Tom
Strange's suburban over to the nuclear junkyard to see what he had in the way
of spitfire transmissions.  He had enough to take care of all our needs with a
bunch to spare.  Seeing his junkyard/salvage yard was quite interesting to say
the least!  Not many like that around the country!!!  Oh yeah, as it turns out
Dave and Steve really like the ice cream from Dairy Queen! :)

I was talking with Steve about racing in England and he told me that a typical
race weekend in England amounted to one day of racing.  The morning session was
a qualifying race and the afternoon session was the feature race.  Thats it,
only ONE day of racing!  He did say that one of their competition coordinators
was present for the Mid-Ohio event and was hopefully taking notes on how we do
things in the USA!! :)

It was great putting names to faces, meeting old friends and most of all, it
was wonderful seeing the grin on Susan's face as she climbed out of the car
after the all Triumph race.  Guess that grin kind of said it all....!

Congradulations Suz on a 2nd place finish in the all Triumph race!  Well
deserved if you ask me....!!!! :)

Ok, enough rambling.

Brad