fot

Re: My faovrite car.

To: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: My faovrite car.
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:10:59 -0400
FOT

I would also agree with everyone's comments regarding Jack's New Blue. It
should not be forgotten that this is the second Concourse car that Jack
built. Old Blue was also a show stopper and went fast too just as New Blue
does. In addition, Jack made New Blue in almost record time and not being
out of the racing scene for more than a few race dates.

Beyond that the attention to detail and adhering to the sprit of what a
Vintage Race car should be deserves attention too. Doing all of that and
being fast, reliable and driven well by both Jack and Tony is what I admire
about the car and the Drews. I hear that Jack can sing too and that he and
Bill Dentinger have composed a few memorable songs about the Mid-West
tracks. I tried to encourage Jack to show his stuff during one of the
evening get togethers but he was saving his voice I guess.

My thanks and gratitude to Joe Alexander for making this all happen. In
spite of his humble attitude towards it all he was the reason that it
happened and happened so well.

I am honored to be a part of this little bit of history that is
insignificant to most but not to anyone who enjoys these LBC's as much as I
have over the years. Bill Dentinger's previous post with regard to how some
feel about Triumphs just shows how trite some can be. The record of Triumph
racing success in all of the racing venues is unsurpassed by any other
single Mark and is what created so much enthusiasm in the common ranks to
support the "Big Dogs" appetite for recognition.

It was Fun!

Jerry Van Vlack