fot

Re: Great Race 2002

To: BRITPAC@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Great Race 2002
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:50:35 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/2002 3:17:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BRITPAC@aol.com writes:

> As of this writing we don't know is Scrappy will be racing next year or not.
>
> The officials want us back (many of them ran major SCCA rallyes in TR's
> when
> they were young), but some of the other racers politely asked if we would
> be
> getting an 'old car'  soon.

Steve,  this is most...er..."interesting"! I think we here can all attest to
the suitability and durability of the vehicle, and you've certainly proven
that it is still true nearly 50 years after said vehicle was introduced. And
of course, there's nothing like outstanding driving (and, in this case,
navigating as well -- Hi, Janet!) to make fellow competitors suspect of the
equipment!

Makes me wonder why you two weren't asked not to come back, since you're
obvioulsy much too skilled as rallyists! :-)

At any rate, CONGRATULATIONS on yet another fine Great Race performance! And
I say STAY IN THE RACE; we'll all help find sponsorship for you, won't we,
folks?

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
  Triumph Herald engine with wings.

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/herald1200/database/";>Check out the North
American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse) and Herald Database</A>!