fot

reverse lockout

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: reverse lockout
From: mikee@ragtops.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:23:26 -0400
Racing Friends
    You guys are great! I got a ton of
there are no 'speed secrets' amoung the
members of this list.
   However, apparently I phrased the
question wrong in that most of the
for keeping the gbx out of reverse with the
OD on. I'm looking for something
mechanical to keep the gbx out of reverse
at any time. A lock-out in the traditional
sense of avoiding hitting reverse when
shifting during the 'heat of battle'. It will
probably incorporate a switch to disable to
OD as an added precaution.
  I've already decided to remove the isolator
switches and go with the big, green 'OD'
light on the dash. Also a mechanical
method of pulling the OD lever when, not if,
the electrics fail.(Of course then my light
won't work...hmm...this may require some
more thought.)
   And now for something completely
different - I really, really wanted to go to
Mid-Ohio, but as John Lennon said,"Life is
what happens to your plans". I've enjoyed
reading the reports and viewing the
pictures. It's obvious that a great time was
had by all, and I want to thank those who
were there for sharing with those who were
not.

Michael Engard
1970 Rover 3500S
1961 Triumph Italia 2000 GT