fot

Re: sealing pushrod tubes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sealing pushrod tubes
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:51:11 -0600 (MDT)
With the pushrod tubes you have gravity working in your favor on sealing
the bottoms.  Basically the oil will not puddle up around the joint, it
drops into the pushrod bores so sealing on the lower end is not as much
of an issue as it is at the top end.  When I last did a Spit 1147 head,
which has the same sort of arrangement, I did the degreasing and wicking
Locktite treatment on the lower end too.  No problems with oil seepage,
though that particular motor is sitting in the home garage waiting for me
to deal with some thrust washer issues...

mjb.