fot

Re: Thanks, Tim. & water flowbench

To: erik@midwestfilter.com
Subject: Re: Thanks, Tim. & water flowbench
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:06:29 EDT
Hey Erik,
I haven't any knowledge on this but I would think it's only advantage would
be to compare any work done to a baseline established before the port work.
Maybe someone else will provide an intelligent answer.
Steve

<<
 I recently read about an interesting technique for flow testing cylinder
 heads. You allow a sized reservoir of water to drain through the head and
 measure the elapsed time with a stopwatch. Has anyone ever done this? How
 does gravity feeding a non-compressible fluid compare to using air and a
 regulated vacuum source? Would it be worth the trouble to find a low
 viscosity fluid?