fot

Re: Master Cylinder

To: <tony@tonydrews.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:00:49 -0400
Hi Tony, I used a TR6 pedal box with a Tilton balance bar welded to the
brake pedal.  I drilled holes in the front of the pedal box and the firewall
to accept standard Girling MCs and a 1/4" steel plate with appropriate holes
to strengthen it all.  I'm using early Spitfire MCs that have the bowl
angled so it matches the slant of the firewall.  It all works very well but
was a lot of trouble to set up.

Since then, I've been told you can cut and weld 2 Spitfire MC brackets
together to hold the pair of MCs and mount them directly over the stock TR4
pedals.  I guess you would use a 3rd Spit bracket for the clutch MC since
the stock TR4 bracket would have to go.

All that being said, if I had it to do over again, I'd buy a Tilton pedal
set and MCs and be done with it.

Cheers, Don