fot

Just as I planned - sort of.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Just as I planned - sort of.
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 00:57:57 -0600 (MDT)
Well, about a week ago I was figuring that come the Labor Day weekend, I'd
have the key to the new shop, have it cleaned out enough to get the little
Civic Si inside and I'd take care of that pesky water pump that has been
rattling "Fix Me" for the last couple of weeks.  And here it is, first day
of the weekend, and just as planned the Honda is in the new shop.

Well, not quite just as planned.  That pesky water pump decided to seize up
while I was motoring around the south end of the valley a few days ago.  And
it pretty much stripped the teeth from the timing belt.  Not a good thing on
an interference engine.  Sigh.  And I don't actually have the key to the new
shop, that won't happen until wednesday.  So I was only able to get in and
out today while the manager was on site with his master.  He'll be gone
the rest of the holiday.  What fun.

Well, one bright spot is I have driven the Mark 1 Spit to work the last few
days.  I do wonder what I'll find when I pull the head on the Honda, though,
once I get to it.  Let's see, where are those back issues of GRM where they
talk about that Acura engine swap....  Don't worry, I won't go into too much
detail on this list about Little Japanese Cars!

mjb.