fot

Re: Grassroots Motorsports Vintage Tire Test

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grassroots Motorsports Vintage Tire Test
From: John Wiseman <wiseman@titan.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:50:40 -0400
Tim

Don't know if you have already selected tires to test, but for what is
worth [ nothing ],
I would like to see you test the Hoosier sports car DOT - bias ply
street TDs
and the Avon ACB10 sports :-)

keep up the good work !
John Wiseman

On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 10:10 AM, GRMTim@aol.com wrote:

> Dear lovers of rust,
>
>    We at Grassroots Motorsports are planning on conducting a tire test
> for
> vintage race cars. The location is: Michelin Proving Grounds
> (unbelievable
> facility!) in Laurens SC. The tentative date is October 17, 18 and the
> tentative test vehicle is one of them there Triumph TRs. I picked this
> car
> because it is typical of most lower dollar vintage race cars, I already
> have
> two sets of identical 15" x 5.5" Panasports for a TR and mainly, becuase
> Triumph guys are about the only ones that will hang out with me.
>    So, I am looking for one volunteer. This volunteer needs to be a good
> consistent driver and have a reliable car. Yes, I want to use you and
> your
> car, rather than me and my car. The reason is that I am not a good
> enough
> test driver and our engine is set for a rebuild this fall.
>    The reward, other than fame, fortune, free track time and a chance
> to try
> three or four sets of tires is that you get to keep some of the tires,
> I buy
> you lunch and you get a free T shirt, okay, okay, a Sweat shirt and a T
> shirt.
>    Any takers?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tim Suddard
> Publisher/Grassroots Motorsports
> (386) 673-4148
> www.GrassrootsMotorsports.com

From
 fot-owner@autox.team.net Thu Sep  5 16:11:16 2002
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Bosch Plug
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:09:26 -0700
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net

Sorry to bomb the list, but Jack Brooks asked what Bosch Platinum plug I
have been using. I've had great luck with the W8AP plug that was
recommended to me eons ago. They're not easy to get, but they seem to have
just the right heat range. I haven't been able to find them on any cross
reference chart, but the W8AC plug is equivalent to the NGK B5HS, which is
a very hot plug. Seems unlikely that it's really that hot.