fot

Re: Any Triumph TR7/TR8 Road Rally Historians On This List ?

To: <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any Triumph TR7/TR8 Road Rally Historians On This List ?
From: "michael cook" <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:18:57 -0400
Hi-

The Buffum effort was a factory-sponsored team. Woodner was private but had
factory help.  There was also  Canadian team headed by Walter Boyce who got
factory aid from the Canadian company.

"Coordination" was a mixed bag. I was in charge of publicity, Mike Barratt was
the eastern competitiuon department manager and worked with Buffum on parts,
etc. Much of the technology came from the UK and Buffum worked directly with
them - he drove factory cars in Europe several times. Buffum's team built a
lot of their own stuff but, when they trashed a and had no time to rebuild, at
least twice a car was flown in from the UK.

I don't have Price's book but British authors and historians and enthusiasts
have a bad habit of ignoring anything that happened outside the British Isles,
even in the North American market where most of the cars were sold and most
(if not all) of the profit was made.

What else do you need to know?

Mike Cook