fot

Re: Spitfire Gearbox Replacement

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Gearbox Replacement
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:27:05 +1200
I would suggest getting a closer set of gear ratios for a Spitfire rather
than trying to fit a TR6 type box. As you point out the biggest problem is
the starter motor on the wrong side - I actually had a Vitesse once that had
a 1500 engine fitted with the original gearbox, the exhaust downpipe was a
sight to behold as from slanting backwards it then had to go forwards to
clear the starter.
John Kipping