fot

Re: Accusump explosion

To: rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accusump explosion
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 01:56:21 EDT
In a message dated 9/30/02 11:58:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time, rgk@flash.net
writes:

<< I'm no physicist, but pressure rises as temp goes up. >>

It sounds to me that air had leaked out of the internal bladder, and the
cylinder started out being filled full of oil.  Oil like water and any other
solid fluid doesn't compress very well, and the pressure would soar upward
rapidly with the least little temperature rise.  The cylinder being black
also does not help matters any.

Better make the next one silver to reflect a little of the sun's radiant
energy.  My problem is that I have black A/C insulation on mine to protect it
items being dropped.

With air in the bladder, it would be nearly impossible for it to explode,
unless the cylinder was damaged and about ready to let loose.