fot

Re: camber gauge

To: 19to1tr6@attbi.com
Subject: Re: camber gauge
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:15:14 EDT
Hey Amigo,
IMHO,  in our world your level and geometry book are entirely adequate.  I
set camber with a machinists tri-square and a piece of stock to fit across
the rim.  I can read quarter degree on it if I squint a lot.  I string the
car for square.  I made a couple of camber plates and went all out for
matched tape measures to read repeatedly.  I've got a set of Ruggles scales I
bought used.  I'm doing OK with 1967 technology setting 1967 suspension for a
Vintage race.  I wouldn't take this crap to the Run-offs but that extends to
my car as well.  I'm likely wrong but I think my level of tuning matches my
level of driving and if I had a Formula Ford I'd have to get even more
scientific.  But for the GT6 I think my efforts are adequate and cost
effective.  As I said, that's my opinion and you'll probably see the digital
guys passing me on the inside of turn nine.  How fast can you afford?  Steve
Smith in Las Vegas