fot

Re: Spitfire Racing Pistons

To: "Russell" <rjmunns@btopenworld.com>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Racing Pistons
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:38:43 -0500
If you are talking SCCA racing -- +.050 or +.060 would be illegal.

GCR (PCS) 17.1.1.D.1.g.1: "The block may be rebored no more than 1.2mm
(.0472 in) larger than the maximum dimension given on the specification,
line for that make, model and displacement."

But ...g.2. lets you sleeve the block, so if you must do "illegal" overbore
to fix the problem, you sleeve it and get back to an allowable dimension.
Which also means that if you have not hurt your old pistons, you might be
able to re-use them in a properly sized bore.

--Rocky Entriken
(1147 motor)