fot

Re: Brake drums

To: mikee@ragtops.com
Subject: Re: Brake drums
From: Chuck Arnold <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:16:12 -0800
Whatever size a TR6 uses [ inch?].  I used the .7 standard bore rear
brake cylinder with the standard master cylinder.  Added a bias balance
valve

Have recently upgraded to dual .75 Tilton master cylinders with .75 rear
cylinders [and added the requisite balance bar to the brake pedal].

Chuck

mikee@ragtops.com wrote:

> AMICI,
>      With these Datsun brake drums...are
> we talking about 10" drums? or 9" drums?
> What size wheel cylinders do we/you use?
> And with that, what bore size master
> cylinder? Do the different calipers (TR3,
> TR4, TR6) have different bores also?
>    This is one of those "a little knowledge is
> a dangerous thing" situations. I know that
> changing bore sizes will change the action
> of the brakes, ie balance. I'm wondering
> what different combinations you have come
> up with that work the best. I guess pad and
> shoe material is also a factor here.
>
> Michael Engard
> 1970 Rover 3500S
> 1961 Triumph Italia 2000 GT
> 1975 Ducati 850 GT
> 1954 Triumph TR-2

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Chuck.Arnold.vcf]