fot

Re:Toluene

To: erik@midwestfilter.com, for <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Toluene
From: Chuck Arnold <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:17:59 -0800
Eric Quakenbush,

Saw your email. and someone asking for a follow-up [which I have not yet
seen being a 6 Pack list lurker -- i.e., digest only mode] -- I have a
concern maybe you can help me address.

I have just had my head shaved [TR6 head that is, one on my shoulders
was shaved years ago] so that my compression will be 11:1 or so. Talked
to Ted Schumaker while ordering roller rockers and a hardened shaft.  He
informed me that gas formulation these days burns much hotter, and that
I am now in grave danger of melting my pistons [car is setup to run
track days -- can hardly wait to see the effect oft he 295 degree cam,
rollers and tubular push rods, electromotive ignition, head porting, jet
hot on the headers, Toyota 5 speed (Herman's kit), 300Z diff (Richard's
kit)] have on the car [yes I have big brakes too].  Anyway, had the
engine done last year [balanced, .3 over pistons, etc.  --though I
failed to put in cam bearings] but did not spring for forged pistons.
Now am worried.
I am seeking your and the FOT lists  experience with race gas.  Does
anyone have recommendations for what gas is "coolest"?

In Washington State I can get gas that is not 10% alcohol -- but it is
only 93 octane.  I figure I need about 100 or so.  Plan to get racing
[or aviation] fuel.  Wonder what effect toluene would have on the pumped
gas [a pint or so a tank?].

Followed your Grassroots exploits.  Bummer about the weather -- hoped to
se drag race results.  I hope to retire in a couple of years, then spend
a good part of it patching together a really hot 87 mustang for the
event.

Thanks,
Chuck Arnold

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Chuck.Arnold.vcf]