fot

Re: TR-4 accelerator linkage

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-4 accelerator linkage
From: "Timothy F. Murphy" <timmurph@execpc.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 12:11:48 -0600
Thanks for all of the responses, much appreciated.  I am a little
confused.  On my car there is very little if any "lost motion" in the
accelerator assembly.  The lever is pinned tight to the shaft, the shaft
is one piece and the nylon bushings are tight on the shaft.
    Where do you run the cable and pulleys from?  Directly from the
accelerator pedal arm all the way to the throttle shaft?  Would seem to
be fairly complex.  I'll have to take a look at one of these
arrangements at the first race next Spring.
    Has anyone seen a two piece assembly as shown in Moss?  If so, when
was the change made to the two piece assembly?  Thanks
Tim Murphy