fot

RE: Tires at Mosport(& fuel)

To: "'Ernest Husmann'" <chusmann@execpc.com>,
Subject: RE: Tires at Mosport(& fuel)
From: "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:43:15 -0500
Race fuel in Canada, anywhere in Canada is enough to cause you to lose the
friendship of your laundry service. For one thing gallons are Imperial
gallons and dollars are Canadian currency which is about 35%+- less than a
US dollar. If one can bring fuel (safely), I suggest they do by all means.
The US dollar is great in Canada, but there are a few things that are very
expensive, beer, cigarettes, and fuel are about the big three.
Definately suggest fuel up the tow rig before you cross the border and if
you can safely haul your own race fuel it's likely going to save you some
$$. After some questionable fuel last year at Watkins it may also  eliminate
concerns over bad fuel at the track. I have never had bad gas from Mosport,
but then again, up until last year, I never had any from Watkins either.

Tony's observations are very accurate. Plan on LOTS of seat time if you want
it. Please don't come up with a set of tires that are marginal when you go
through Tech unless you plan on changing them at some point. 4 days with 3
or 4 sessions @ day is a lot of time, probably the equal of at least 2 1/2
full race weekends of what many of us are used to. Arriving prepared is
going to be rewarded with a worry free weekend.

Russ Moore
ITC coordinator