fot

RE: New Triumph racer for group

To: "David Kettler" <dkettler@powercom.net>, "Russ Moore"
Subject: RE: New Triumph racer for group
From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett@homerebuilders.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:06:55 -0500
Thanks Russ for the introduction,

I am sorry to say that I am not the Neon racer. However I have been
racing an MGA Coupe and Lotus Super 7 in the SVRA and HSR Vintage
races in the south east. I still consider myself a Rookie however,
since I only have two summers under my belt wheels. The GT6+ is a new
car that I am about to start a restoration project on as it was rolled
3 times a few years ago and needs a little help back on the
track. Before that it was a competitive racer from 71. I am told that
it challenged Group 44 back then. I am looking forward to this project
as I have heard that setting up this car for the track is demanding,
from fragility as well as handling perspective. Just the challenge an
old engineer needs for the winter. If any one has thoughts or
suggestions on this car I am wide open. I am just starting the
project. The goal is to be competitive in SCCA E Group.

And yes I would really enjoy going to Mosport at the beginning of July
and had actually planned to do so with the SVRA group, however we
expect our #2 child on July 4th. I had really hoped to do Mosport
since I am originally from Toronto. Oh well perhaps next year with the
expanding crew. As the wife says "A little young - but highly
trainable",

Thanks for the membership; I look forward to future correspondence

Bill Bartlett