fot

RE: Historic TR7/TR8 Race Series - Question

To: "'Russ Moore'" <rem@cbord.com>, EISANDIEGO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Historic TR7/TR8 Race Series - Question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:56:19 -0800
Actually, there are quite a few organizations, at least on the west coast,
that "recommend" a fuel cell rather than requiring one. I didn't have to
replace the beer keg in Peyote in order to run--I chose to. And in fact
the former president of SOVERN was more than a little disappointed that I
had. Of course they would have preferred that I fit a bladder inside the
keg, but I would have wound up with an extraordinarily heavy fuel tank
hanging well out over the rear wheels.

Most of the prewar stuff I know of runs with no fuel cell, no roll cage or
bar, and not much in the way of seat belts (the attachment points are not
good for useful driver restraint. Big risk I guess, but big fun, and guys
like Peter Giddings drive the heck out of them.

And what's the matter with shorts and bare feet on a Motorcycle. Just
joking.

Does remind me of the Rollie Free picture on a Vincent Black Shadow in
1948 on the Salt Flats. 150+ MPH in a Speedo (no, he didn't have the body
for one), bathing cap, and sneakers. Laying down. Thank god  he had shoes
on.