fot

Re: TR Cam Lobes

To: oilyrag@hsrca.org.au, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Cam Lobes
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:53:18 EST
In a message dated 12/18/02 5:24:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
oilyrag@hsrca.org.au writes:

<< The only explanation I have heard is that it causes the tappet to turn. >>

I am no expert on this subject, but was told by different people that cam
lobs are slightly slanted(?) to make the tappets turn.  When you pull the
tappets out of the block, you can see faint round rings on the bottoms, sort
of like cutting through a tree trunk, if the tappets are turning properly.
Otherwise you see a ware mark across the bottom in one direction.