fot

RE: Car Transport

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car Transport
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:14:46 -0600
After my recent experience of having to ship a non-running Spit from SanFran to
Wisconsin (which went fine, much thanks to the Jack-and-Joe(A)-Show), I ran
across an interesting tidbit.

I was chatting with a friend's dad at a Christmas gathering.  He works for
Midwest Supply Co., hauling camping trailers all over the country on a 48' flat
bed trailer.  He tells me that they frequently have extra space on the trailers
and generally are looking for back-hauls once they've made a drop.  He's hauled
all sorts of cars: new, old, mint, restored, broken and rusty.  Parts, too, as
long as they're crated or otherwise suitable for strapping down.  They'd charge
$300-$500 for a cross-county haul -- more or less, dependant on how much they
need the backhaul.

This is far and away the lowest price I've heard.  Fully insured, etc.  I may
try this next time I need a car moved.

Midwest Supply Co.  Casper WY  (800) 235-3198

Scott
sbarr@mccarty-law.com <mailto:sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
(920) 766-4693
(920) 766-4756 (fax)