fot

Re: VTR & FOT Questions

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com, rem@CBORD.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR & FOT Questions
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:12:18 EST
Cary....a lot of good questions.

There are about 200 FoT "members", remembering that this is more of a
Disorganization than a formal Organization.

The Experimental Aircraft Association has sub-groups, such as "Warbirds",
"Antiques", "Aerobatics", Ultralights,  etc......very well organized and very
effective. It is basically "for profit", well capitalized, well staffed, and
enjoys an enormous amount of volunteers

Certainly, there could be some synergisms between VTR and FoT.  However, I
persoanlly find the concept of a non-organization that has no rules, dues,
meetings, or board of directors, kind of appealing. Retired people are like
that.

When folks take on an event it is because they want to, not because they have
to...and if some project doesnt get done, it usually "doesnt matter".

The FoT seems to be highly regarded and sort of a mystery to others. I like
this mystique...kind of like belonging to the QBs. If you dont know what
organization that is, I rest my case.

However, change can be good, and if someone wants take a leadership role  and
make a proposal.....