fot

Re: West Coast Event

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: West Coast Event
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:34:39 EST
Cary,

>From my house in Pasadena, Willow Springs is exactly 96 miles, Buttonwillow
is 128 miles (my odometer, not mapquest). Willow Springs motels are in
Palmdale about 15 miles from the track. Buttonwillow motels are within 10
miles of the track both to north and south along I-5. Willow Springs is a
dust bowl for camping (really only RV suitable). Buttonwillow has grassy
areas in the paddock suitable for camping (popular at annual British event!).
I don't know what Moss contributes for this VARA event, but I don't think
they are sole sponsor. Las Vegas has lots of hotels along the Strip ($$). The
ones near the track look at you funny when you say you want the room for the
WHOLE night! (That's what you get for being across the street from Nellis
AFB).

All in all, I recommend folks come join the fun at the VARA Brititsh
Extravaganza May 2-4 at Buttonwillow.

John Frymark