fot

J Type Overdrive Operating Temperatures

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: J Type Overdrive Operating Temperatures
From: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:50:18 +1100
I am hoping that someone amongst us has some experience with J type
overdrives? In particular, I am looking for a rough indication of what kind of
'normal' operating temperatures you would expect from the overdrive unit
itself?

I have just rebuilt a gearbox and overdrive and have run it on my test bench
@1300 RPM output shaft speed. I am measuring approximately 50-to-55 Degrees
Celsius (122-to-131 Fahrenheit) at the overdrive case. The temperature is
relatively stable whether you have the overdrive engaged or disengaged.

Does any one have previous experience? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Peter Vucinic
WORKS-4
TR-4