fot

Re: BeaveRun

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BeaveRun
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:16:31 -0500 (EST)
Hi All,

Apologies for the cross-posting.

Bruce Stutzman has done all the legwork on this - he deserves all the
credit. Thanks Bruce!

BeaveRun Update

It looks like there will be some sort of autocross activity at BeaveRun as
part of (or technically adjunct to) the TRF summer party/ VTR National.
The details are not worked out, but TRF has graciously offered to pay the
fee for the autocross area / or the kart track. See www.beaverun.com for
details on the facility.

I talked to Dave H. at TRF on Monday, and we're thinking that the thrust
of the event will be as a driver school to learn about tweaking your car
(and your driving style) to get more out of your car. We'll likely cap the
event with some sort of "runoff" or "king of the hill" competition.

But mark down Thursday August 7th, 2003 for this event.

There is one potential conflict. TRF is still working on having a
hillclimb event. It is not clear if this will happen or not, but it could
still happen. So if your cup of tea is hillclimbing you will want to pay
attention to any announcements from TRF. The hillclimb would be nearer to
Armagh than to BeaveRun, so you may have pick/choose which event you want
to play at.

There were about 20 responses to my initial request for feedback on this
event, so plan for LOTS of autocross "seat time" no matter what. Even if
this lists doubles, I can guarantee that you will gets lots of time
driving! Bring extra fuel, you may need it!

Regarding the TRF autocross - that's still going to happen on Sat. as the
official VTR autocross (as in for the awards). So for you folks really
into autocross, you can likely get _two days_ of flogging your Triumph at
this event (the TRFSP/VTR National). WOW.

I will post more info. as it becomes available, but watch for flyers from
TRF and these e-mail lists. Newsletter editors, please post to your clubs.

Question and comments gladly accepted.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |