fot

Re: Alternator

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternator
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:17:39 EST
Take an old belt that's longer and cut it to the precise length you want then
take it with you to match up.  After you get a belt in the right range you
can get a surprising amount of adjustment by oversizing the bolt hole in the
water pump housing.  There's enough slop in the head passages to pull your
belt tight after installation.
Steve in Las Vegas

<<
 Just find the right sized belt and roll it on. You don't need an
 adjustment. You want a belt that's got just a little deflection when it's
 in place.  You can get belts in small length increments and once you find
 one very close, get several brands. They'll fit a little tighter or looser
 depending on design.