fot

Re: Suspension Thoughts

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: Suspension Thoughts
From: "David Wingett" <elkhorn@core.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:18:45 -0500

> Of course those nice aluminum lockheed calipers look just like Jag brakes
> if you smear enough grease on 'em. Don't try Wilwood superlites
> though--they don't look anything like a girling, even if you fill the
> engraved wilwood name with bondo.

Bill
        Of course it's not like I haven't thought of trying something like
that, especially at tracks like Blackhawk.  But the consequences for
cheating in SCCA is most sever.   Lose of license...banishment in general.
        Sam Halkias has a set of Wilwoods that he used on his TR6 when he
was racing in the GT3 class.  The bracket-fixture, rotors and calipers
development is all ready there and it's all cheaper then the old Jag set up.
            David Wingett