fot

Lost squadron

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Lost squadron
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:46:22 EST
For those of you who dig Lightenings, pick up a copy of Roaring Glory's P-38
tape. The late Jeff Ethell does a preflight, and you ride in the cockpit for
a demo flight. Basically he shows you how to fire it up and fly it. You also
get great aerial shots and the field being beat up. Of all the airplane
tapes, this is the one I watch over and over. It's only $20, and I think it's
available through Amazon.

Tragically, Jeff was killed in a P-38 not long after the tape was made. If an
engine sneezes during take off the enormous lift differential flips the plane
right over. It's one big reason so few remain today, and the same thing could
happen to Glacier Girl. Anytime a P-38 flies it's a special experience, and
not to be treated lightly.

Steve & Janet Hedke
"Team Scrappy"
Great Race #45, 1957 Triumph TR3