fot

racing!!

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: racing!!
From: "Ian" <Ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:55:16 +1100
Hi all,

Just thought I would let everyone know that one of our members (Tony Dains)
got a first place in a recent handicap event at Historics at Phillip Island
in Ozzie. This meeting is now the biggest in Australia with almost 500
entries. A couple of the big names turned up, Jack Brabham and Win Percy.
And there were some great cars including the 55 Le Mans winning D Type Jag,
driven by Win, the fwd Miller from US, as well as other classics such as
Bugatti, Alfa etc.
The weekend was affected by rain, ntl, it was a great time and my little
Spitty did extremely well, lapping 1 sec a lap faster than Tony in the wet,
got a fifth outright, and third in class. The class being 2L as there were
no other runners below 2L. The little 1300 was pulling 8000 RPM onto the
main straight, and was really showing some of the big Healeys. TR6s, Alfas
and MGBs etc. the way home. As with all things racing however, my last run
was marred by incident. My throttle cable let go and I had about two
thousand revs by the time six laps had been completed - came LAST!!!

Still, all good exerience, and cant wait till my next run.

Cheers
Ian
TSOA 777