fot

Tar Baby Triumphs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Tar Baby Triumphs
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:53:13 -0700 (MST)
A few of you on this list may remember the trip that Pugs and I took to
Texas for the 1997 VTR convention.  I was the one in the green Jeep Cherokee
with the yellow squaretail Spitfire bonnet perched upon the luggage rack.
I ended up selling that bonnet to a fellow who lives about 30 miles south
of me here in Utah after dragging it about for a thousand miles or so.

This saturday afternoon that bonnet will return to me, along with the car
that it was meant for, boxes of parts and who knows what else.  After nearly
six years the fellow decided maybe he wasn't going to get around to doing
more work on his Spit, and he needs it out of the way.  If I'm lucky, it
will be a basket case that just needs to have a few good parts plucked off
before the sawzall renders it into dumpster sized bits.  If I'm not so
lucky, it will be an obvious keeper that just needs a little work here and
there, and I can work on it in between working on Killer, and the red race
car, and getting that TR7 together and on the road, and getting to Mosport
and TRF for VTR and ....

Like B'rer Rabbit, I just can't seem to get away from some Triumphs!

mjb.