fot

New Member

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Member
From: "Simon Rasmussen" <Simon@telephonestogo.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:32:47 -0500
Hi everyone!

As a new member I would like to introduce myself to the Friends of Triumph.

Born:  Leicester, England, 1951
>From 1957 until 1970 I lived in Rhodesia,(now called Zimbabwe), in southern
Africa.
I  now live in Canada, just north of Toronto, with my wife and 16 year old
son; neither of whom have much interest in Triumphs, though my wife will
occaisionally write an article for our club magazine.

Back in the 1970's I briefly owned an ** Midget, but didn't have a proper
sports car until I bought a TR6 about 10 years ago. This was followed 6 years
ago by my current car, a red 1965TR4A with painted wire wheels and overdrive.
The car is in "fast road" tune, with suspension,brake and engine mods., and a
second set of wheels and tyres for the track.

I joined the Toronto Triumph Club, (about 400 members), about 10 years ago and
have tried to make a contribution in various ways, including serving as
president last year. I have also been competing in the local Solo 1 series for
5 years, and can often be found at places like Watkins Glen or Mosport at
vintage races, usually getting in the way and asking nosey questions! I use
the team name WOFTAM Racing, which reflects my wife's opinion that it's a
"waste of foolish time and money", at least I think that's what she said!

I look forward to meeting many of you in person at Mosport this June; the TTC
plans to have a hospitality tent and free copies of  "The Ragtop", our club
mag.
See you there!

Simon Rasmussen.