fot

RE: Fly Wheel Protection Question

To: "'Don Marshall'" <marshall@nefcom.net>,
Subject: RE: Fly Wheel Protection Question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:01:07 -0800
It's no doubt feasible for a ricochet to take out your nether regions, but
seems unlikely if you have any kind of floor and seat at all. Peyote
simply has a hefty steel plate covering the area of a likely trajectory.
Perhaps not enough, but I wrestled with a blanket a gave up. The plate
gives me some level of confidence while it's minimalistic nature keeps me
honest about revs and careful shifting.

Just a general note to those blanket wearers, you're probably as likely to
have a bouncing bearing cap modify your gender as a piece of flywheel--the
carom angle is better and the floor between your feet is thin. Of course I
worry equally about meteor strikes to my increasingly unprotected cranium
and what I'd do with all the money if I won the lottery (God says "meet me
half way--buy a ticket").