fot

Re: chain tensioner

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: chain tensioner
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 20:44:05 -0800
The stock design of tension works very well if it is hard chromed and if the
edge of the chain links are polished smooth. most of the chain  available
today is not smooth on the edge, and for a long time the only tensioner
blades available were plain, unplated spring steel. This combination is
guaranteed to wear out in short order.
                                                                    Regards,

Greg Solow