fot

Two questions

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two questions
From: "Simon Rasmussen" <Simon@telephonestogo.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:58:54 -0400
Perhaps someone has answers to these:
1) I have recently bought a rebuilt Lucas alternator, 34 amp output, model
15ACR, to replace my generator on the TR4A.  Since my fan belt is the wide
type I hope to use the generator pulley, which I am told is larger, so
underdriving the alternator.This is a road/track car so needs ability to
charge at non-racing revs and operate lights etc. Because of the cam my car
idles at 1200 rpm. so I think I should get adequate output.  I believe the
generator produced only 25 amp output. I am hoping for adequate charging,
lower parasitic losses, and there is clearly a big weight savings.  Has anyone
tried this and will it work?

2) I am using a TR6 swaybar on the same car and when mounting it found I had
to install the links first then pull the bar back against the crossmember with
the ubolts. It seems this may "preload" the bar and slightly depress the front
suspension, (which isprobably not in a good mood anyway!). What effect will
this have on handling?

Simon, WOFTAM Racing.

Fax: (416) 650-5Regards,
Simon Rasmussen