fot

Re: SARS - Travel Advisory - Toronto Area - Mosport

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <Group44TR7@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SARS - Travel Advisory - Toronto Area - Mosport
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:07:11 -0400
Most of the original SARS cases in Toronto had just arrived by plane from
Honk Kong where they had picked it up.  Some others got it, as Andy points
out, in the care of these SARS patients in hospital.  Only 5.9% of people
who get SARS actually die from SARS.

My thoughts are that if you are coming to Mosport, you will be driving.  It
is more of a risk if you fly on a plane where someone sitting beside you
just came from China.

If driving through Toronto, I don't think you can pick it up.  Or you can
drive right past Toronto without stopping.  Or you can circumvent Toronto.

BTW, there are 1,000's who die of the closely related illness to SARS every
year - it's called "the common cold".  And no-one fears that they may die of
that.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A, Montreal, Canada